FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY

POERTY AND YOUR PHOTGRAPHY

• I chose this quote because its a quote my brother tells me all the time, the meaning of the quote is you can always be better and you shouldn’t settle with the little things in life when you can go get the bigger things.
  • I’d hope my audience would use this as inspiration because this is definitely inspires me and I hope it could do the same to others.

SELF PORTRAIT ILLUSTRATION 10 WORDS TO DESCRIBE ME

• Emotional
  • Chill
  • Confident
  • Respectful
  • Quiet
  • Funny
  • Honest
  • Open-minded
  • Useless
  • Fast

CULTURAL PHOTOGRAPHY: READ AND RESPOND

• Cultural photography can come with very different things to show who you really are. This can be with sports, food, clothing, relationships, and the list can go for miles. I personally think black and white cultural pictures are the best. This is because they make the pictures look more dramatic and tells a better story.
  • Even though I think black and white looks the best National Geographic does not. They would most likely never post such because they believe its editorial suicide. The last time they have not posted one since 1970… They feel like all the pictures now needed colors.
  • The different exposures used in the photography can juristically change how the photo looks. Over exposures has a better look in these type of photos.

CULTURAL IDENTITY PHOTOGRAPHS

• The 1st picture is me out with my girlfriend eating canes because I love chicken tenders
  • The 2nd is the basketball court because basketball is very important in my life because its helped me shape who I am today 
  • The 3rd is a burrito of chorizo, I added that because its a simple thing to cook but is still amazing every time I eat it.

MOTION BLUR

• When doing motion blur a moving vehicle looks the best
  • Bird photography looks nice
  • Busy streets are ideal
  • Freeways would work the best
  • Surprisingly star trails look good too

CREATE A WORK IN THE STYLE OF  OF WASSILY KANDINSKY

File:Kandinsky - Jaune Rouge Bleu.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

I like this piece the most because it looks like it involves a person in it. That person looks like it has a glow behind it and makes the person look like it has power. The random weird placed shapes are cool to me because of the weirdly placed they are its so cool. The squiggly line is probably be my favorite part of the piece behind the glowing person. It just looks like something I would put on my wall.

CANON LENS EXPERIENCE REVIEW

Mike Lerner

From the beginning, Lerner has used Canon gear exclusively. He simply clicks with the user interface and the layout of the controls, and his love of the image quality goes without saying. “I’ve been using a Canon EOS-1D Mark IV for the past two years now. My main lens is the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM. I also have an EF 50mm f/1.4 USM and the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM; that is my second-favorite lens. I feel that those three lenses are perfect for concert photography, and I carry the 50mm while I’m backstage. If you substituted the 16-35mm with a 24-70mm, it’s pretty much still the same thing.”

It’s easy to assume that a tour photographer’s job is to shoot the live performances, but there’s a lot more to it than that. Besides shooting the live shows, a big part of the job is capturing day-to-day life off the stage. But what takes precedence, shooting the show, or documenting the daily grind? “I definitely try to make sure to concentrate more on the behind-the-scenes content. I’ve photographed over 200 shows this tour, and the show is the same 98% of the time.” Lerner always seems to be shooting, whether he’s operating behind the scenes, shooting a mundane scene beside a tour bus, or in a dressing room. His concert shots tend to have a more grandiose presence, with the dramatic stage lighting often creating high-contrast flares and shafts of light, amid the deep blacks of the darkened concert halls. The size of the arenas adds to the larger-than-life feel of his live work as well, as do the throngs of screaming fans, who sometimes gesture with their bodies in unison, creating eye-catching compositions.

Jeremy Cowart

Cowart started out with digital since it was what he needed for his design-centered work. He also wasn’t a trained or experienced photographer and just needed something to fill his needs. This turned out to be the Canon PowerShot G1 point-and-shoot digital camera.

This style of shooting is largely benefitted by his choice of focal lengths between 24-200mm for a majority of his work. The 24-70mm lens which Cowart finds on his camera the most provides the ability to produce great portraits with a shallow depth of field and low distortion at the 70mm end and yet can quickly go wide for shooting group shots.

Also, you never know when you may need to take a few impromptu shots, as was the case when John Schneider asked Cowart to take some more images of him after the shoot. This was a shoot involving immensely emotional moments and required getting close to the subject. This was benefitted by a telephoto perspective to get close without suffocating the subject.

READ AND WRITE

5 ways to have stronger composition

1. Use Leading Lines

2. Fill The Frame

3. Frame Your Subject

4. Leave Space For Movement

5. Shoot From A Lower Angle

RAW VS JPEG Capture

JPEG is a file that has been compressed by your camera. It does not contain all of the information recorded by your camera’s sensor during exposure. RAW is a file containing all of the information recorded by your camera’s sensor during exposure. Because of that I think RAW is better when shooting.

The JPEG format option provides an optimized color and slightly better compression. If you wanted to convert your RAW pic to a JPEG you would lose the ability for further image manipulation. For example if you wanted to you can turn a RAW image into a JPEG and make that black and white. But you would never be able to make the picture ever have color again.

What I learned about camera exposure and camera modes 

Something I learned while reading this article is that different shutter speeds can determine how blurry a picture is. With using fast shutter speed you can really get the best detailed picture on something moving. Sport photographers tend to use high shutter speeds to capture what’s happening best. Different apertures help with the angles of the picture. With a lower aperture you get more of a wider angle. With high ISO the picture is going to have a high image noise. And with a lower ISO you won’t have any of that.